Technical specification of ad formats
Thanks to its location, WideSquare is a very distinctive and popular ad format. Can’t be overlooked either on the home page or in the article. But it is complemented by a great feature - when the mouse rolls over then the banner expands to reveal another banner content in the form of an image or video. Both states can be done as a static ad, or you can animate it as an HTML file.
Requirements for WideSquare iLayer
- WideSquare according to the specifications below
- WideSquare Expanded (the one that rolls out) according to the specifications below
When using the standard animation of the advertising format, it is enough to supply the images (JPG, PNG, GIF) separately and the banner will be completed on our side.
In the case of extended animations or the use of dynamic elements, it is necessary to supply documents created in HTML, for example according to this example.
- 480×300 px (HalfPageAd)
- 800×600 px (HalfPageAd Expanded)
Maximum data size
- HalfPageAd 100 kB (HTML5 max. 200 kB)
- HalfPageAd Expanded 200 kB (HTML5 max. 250 kB)
External display code
External measurements (beyond the measurements of Mafra a.s.)
- Yes, acording to our specifications.
- Accepted third-party codes: AdForm, DCM, Sizmek, Gemius.
Attention! All third-party tracking codes must use only secure links (https: //). In the banner themselves, all tracking URLs must also use a secure connection (https: //). Differences in statistics without tracking code using https: // will not be taken into account.
Do you want an animated banner?
In this case, it is necessary to supply a banner in the format HTML5.
For the smooth start and running of campaigns, the documents which do not meet described specification must be aprooved by the MAFRA technical department in advance. Thank you for your understanding.
Before you start making a banner
General rules for all banners:
- The banner must not be too aggressive, in the sense of jitter and flicker - an aggressive banner refers to a design that changes colors, headings or other important graphic elements in a striking manner and very short time span (less than 1 second), which can disturb the user when working with the page.
- The banner must not contain vulgarities or other unethical elements.
- The banner must not exceed the allowed data limits and must be properly sized for the desired position.
- The banner must not contain operating system controls, must not look like system messages, and must not use well-known elements in a misleading manner - such as the "play" symbol for anything other than turning on playback, the [×] cross symbol for anything other than closing / ending. magnifying glass symbol for anything other than searching / zooming, etc.
- The banner must not interfere in any way with the page or influence the behavior of page elements that are not part of the commercial area (banner). They may not change the title of the page, or its main content, or self-modify the listed address without clicking on the banner.
- The file names of the supplied banners must not contain any accents, spaces, or special characters. An underscore "_" can be used instead of a space.
- All banner versions and target URLs must be submitted no later than two business days before the campaign begins unless otherwise noted.