Back to the ad catalogue
Technical specification of ad formats
Mobile Dynamic Banner
Before you start creating a banner
Image formats for ad banners:
- JPEG: Good for photos. Doesn’t support transparency. It uses lossy compression, which doesn’t like hatching and fields of red color. Tends to make blocks of 8x8 pixels. Data size is more dependent on image dimensions then image complexity.
- PNG: It fits on logos, texts, and uniform color elements. Supports transparency. Compression is lossless. The color palette can be reduced to 256 (and less) colors, and thus significantly reduce data size. Data size depends on image complexity and specifically on the number of used colors, not so much on image dimensions.
- SVF: Its a vector format so its ideal for logos, texts, icons, and other vector graphics. It's losslessly scalable but more complex vectors can be data-intensive.
- GIF: Fits only for animated graphic. Dat size is color dependent. For static image considering data and size is PNG always better.
General rules for all banners:
- The banner must not be overly aggressive in the sense of vibrating and flashing – an aggressive banner refers to a design that changes colors, headings or other important graphic elements in a striking manner and very short time span (less than 1 second), which can disturb the user when working with the page.
- The banner must not contain vulgarisms or other unethical elements.
- The banner must not exceed the permitted data limits and must have the correct dimensions for the required position.
- The banner must not contain control components of operating systems and must not look like a system report. Must not use generally known graphic elements in a misleading way – for example symbol “play” for anything else than the start of playing multimedia content and so on.
- The banner must in no way interfere with the page or influence the be-havior of page elements which are not a part of the advertising surfaces (banner). It must not change the page title or its main content, or arbitrarily adjust the entered URL without clicking on the banner.
- In file names must not be used any diacritical mark, space or any spe-cial character. Instead of space, you can use “_”.
- All versions of the banner and target URL addresses must be submitted at least two business days before the start of the campaign, if not stated otherwise.
For secure pages (https://) must all third-party measuring and display codes use only https://. In banner must all other calls and tracking URLs also use secured connection (https://). Only part, which need not be SSL compliant is URL clickthru. Differences in tracking code statistics without https:// will not be taken into account.