Technical specification of ad formats
Cascade is based on Branding format which is due to its size around entire page excellently visible for all the time a user is scrolling down the page. It is, however, supplemented by impressive functionality, in MegaBoard there are rotating three slides and when rolling over MegaBoard (Leader), all three slides will drop down at once and show altogether. It can be placed on the page with Branding background or by itself only.
Available on these sites
Requirements for Branding Cascade
- It is necessary to supply static Branding according to the specifications below.
- Cascade: 3x image or HTML5 according to the specifications below.
- Optionally, video can be inserted into one image according to the specifications below.
When using the basic animation of the advertising format, it is enough to supply static images (JPG, PNG) separately, the banner will be completed on our side.
In the case of advanced animations, such as dynamic elements or the insertion of a video, it is necessary to supply materials for individual parts created in HTML as separate ZIP archives. The banner will be completed on our side
- Branding: Image (JPG, PNG)
- Cascade: 3x Image (JPG, PNG, GIF) nebo HTML5
- Optional video: codec-H.264, container-MP4
- Branding: 2000×1280 px
- Cascade (3x Image or HTML5): 998×200 px
- Iptional video: max. 998x200 px (e.g. 355×200 px)
To speed up the deployment process, name the files as follows:
- Client+Campaign+Branding (e.g.: CSOB_Karty_Branding)
- Client+Campaign+Cascade+1 (e.g.: CSOB_Karty_Cascade_1)
- Client+Campaign+Video (e.g.: CSOB_Karty_Video)
Maximum data size
- Branding: 400 kB
- Cascade (3x Image or HTML5): 300 kB (applies to all images together).
- Optional video: max. data size 1 MB a max. bitrate 256 kb/s
Requirements for the appearance of Branding
- Branding must not be transparent
- Place important advertising messages in a 1366 × 768 px wide column (see red area in drawing.) This is very important due to the different resolutions and ratios of the display devices. This area is visible to most users.
External display code
External measurements (beyond the measurements of Mafra a.s.)
- Yes, 1 URL with UTM parametry for 1 image/HTML5 banner.
- Accepted third-party URLs: AdForm, DCM, Sizmek, Gemius.
Caution! All third-party tracking codes must use only secure links (https: //)
Are you tasked with preparing Crossplatform Branding (desktop + mobile)?
In this case, it is necessary to supply documents for the mobile version of branding. Specifications for its production can be found here: Specifications for the production of mobile branding.
For the smooth start and running of campaigns, the documents which do not meet described specification must be aprooved by the MAFRA technical department in advance. Thank you for your understanding.
Before you start creating a banner
General rules for all banners:
- The banner must not be overly aggressive in the sense of vibrating and flashing – an aggressive banner refers to a design that changes colors, headings or other important graphic elements in a striking manner and very short time span (less than 1 second), which can disturb the user when working with the page.
- The banner must not contain vulgarisms or other unethical elements.
- The banner must not exceed the permitted data limits and must have the correct dimensions for the required position.
- The banner must not contain control components of operating systems and must not look like a system report. Must not use generally known graphic elements in a misleading way – for example symbol “play” for anything else than the start of playing multimedia content and so on.
- The banner must in no way interfere with the page or influence the behavior of page elements which are not a part of the advertising surfaces (banner). It must not change the page title or its main content, or arbitrarily adjust the entered URL without clicking on the banner.
- In file names must not be used any diacritical mark, space or any spe-cial character. Instead of space, you can use “_”.
- All versions of the banner and target URL addresses must be submitted at least two business days before the start of the campaign, if not stated otherwise.